Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 24

summertime outdoors

Here are some lovely outdoor spaces from the designer portfolios on the HGTV website. They all leave me longing for a similar space... a place to entertain, to unwind at the end of the day... with many flowers, cozy chairs and lounges, a gorgeous pool, a fire pit for cool summer nights (for places sans the humidity of the south). Can't you just imagine having a few friends over for a cookout? or curling up in one of those oversized chaises with a good book and a glass of wine?  sigh...

I love the gazebo in this image. It's a very vintage, romantic piece. 

I really like the strand of lights on the inside of the umbrella. It makes for some great ambience, don't you think?

I looove the fire pit idea. It would make a really great place to sit and read or  just hang out and talk.
images courtesy of  hgtv.com

And if I had a backyard, I would definitely invest in one of these double chaise lounges from Pottery Barn... perfect for  cuddling with that one special person or just lounging around with a good book.

3 comments:

Danz said...

Wow these look like great spaces for both personal relaxation time and great summer parties. Fantastic!

AsianCajuns said...

I can't believe you have all those Tim Walker photos on your site! I've been a huge fan since forever! I just put some up for last night's post (love those powdered kitties). Do you have his latest book?

Ashley said...

I agree, danz, I would love to relax in any one of those backyards!

AC, I have been in love with Tim Walker for the longest time, too! I don't have his latest book, but I was planning on picking it up today, actually. Have you gotten it yet? I am sure it will be phenomenal as always!