Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, October 17

A Quiet Celebration


On the 7th day of this month I turned thirty years old. I woke up buried in blankets on that cold Sunday morning with my pup snuggled at my feet and my sweet husband by my side. We made coffee and sat by the campfire. My family drove up for the afternoon and we grilled hotdogs and ate pumpkin mousse pie. My thoughtful parents gave me the most wonderful gift - a lamp they created out of my old symphony clarinet. There were plenty of hugs, kisses and puppy dog licks. Husband and I walked along the river and talked about life, love and friendship.

Something about starting a new decade has made me contemplative as of late. I've been thinking about who I am and who I want to be. About the legacy I want to leave and the people on whom I spend my time and energy. I feel myself changing, shifting my priorities and re-focusing on things I now value.

Here's to another decade - one filled with love. friendship, laughter, and health. To one that includes challenging myself and facing more things that scare me. It's going to be a great year.

xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: