Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, July 11

Style Tips from the Dutch


When it comes to clogs, one tends to think of a little girl with blond braids yodeling away on a mountain side. This ever-popular footwear is historically associated with Belgium, Denmark, Lithuania, the Netherlands, and Sweden and is typically worn by rural workers for protection. Clogs have come a long way since their nineteenth century debut, and although I wouldn't bet my toes against sharp objects in any of these, they do combine the traditional Dutch style with effortless finesse.


{clockwise from the top}
1. Jose Get On Up Slingbacks - Bloomingdales
2. Prima Sling Clog - Topshop
3. DVF Octavia Wedge - Nieman Marcus
6. Jessica Simpson Winsy - Piperlime


xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

1 comment:

Claire Kiefer said...

I LOVE THESE!! 7. Steve Madden Warrick - SM

So cute! I think I like the brownish color the best (clicked on the link).

Happy Sunday! xoxo