Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, December 23

Holiday Gift Guide: Homemade Christmas


This year for Christmas, my husband's family decided to sponsor a less fortunate, well-deserving family and buy them gifts instead of giving each other things. I love it. Imagining the faces of the people in that family on Christmas morning just lifts my heart. So on Christmas day, instead of having presents to unwrap from each other, we are doing a homemade/handmade exchange. Last year I did a fair amount of baking and made some hot chocolate mix to accompany the goodies. Here are some of the ideas I am throwing around for this year.

{Click on the descriptions below for the links & tutorials!}

1. Vintage Tin Candles
2. Homemade Pasta
3. Scented Sugars
4. Bottle Stoppers
5. Handmade Headbands
6. Brandy Snaps
7. Placemat Clutch
8. Cowboy Cookie Jars
9. Christmas Cloth Napkins
10. Nutter Butter Truffles
11. Bath Snowballs


I better get a move on. There's lots of work to do!
xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

2 comments:

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

Those Nutter Butter Truffles have me drooling a little bit! ;)

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

What a wonderful idea! Lar and I always "adopt" a little girl for Decatur's Season of Giving program. I had every intention of making cute presents for everyone on my list, but I ran out of time and ended up buying everything. Maybe next year...

Have a wonderful Christmas!