Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, September 13

Breakfast for Dinner: Paleo Granola Pancackes



Sometimes you just need a meal that takes you back to childhood. For me, that meal is breakfast for dinner. I remember going to my grandmother's house as a child and having pancackes, bacon, and "coffee" {mine was a watered down version of milk with the tiniest bit of decaf coffee added}. A few nights ago, after a terribly exhausting day, breakfast for dinner was exactly what we needed, and since wheat and grain products are no longer part of our diet, I did a bit of improvising. {I adapted the recipe from this book and added 1/2 cup each of gluten-free oats, cranberries, and walnuts.} The result was incredibly satisfying. Full of flavor and hearty enough for an evening meal, these pancakes are definitely here to stay.


xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: