Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 10

Day 10

Last night as I was catching up on some blog reading {hello, no internet for two weeks}, I stumbled across this. What a sweet reminder how much in life we have to be thankful for. And this coming on the heels of a very humbling moment I had last week...

Since we moved into our new home, I have been stressed out and overwhelmed by the fact that all of our stuff doesn't fit into this house. It's actually smaller than our two bedroom apartment, and from furniture to bikes to books and office files, we simply don't have enough storage space. I was irritable and grumpy because we have too much, sighing as I unloaded boxes, and I was taking out my irritation on my sweet husband. It was like a slap in the face when the Lord opened my eyes to how selfish and ungrateful I was being. In essence, I was complaining about how blessed we are. Talk about a humbling experience.


So I have decided to choose every day to be thankful. To wake up remembering that my hope is not in this world or in its material possessions, but instead, my hope is in the one and only, all-powerful creator of this universe and his intense love for me.

Today I am thankful for:
God's incredible grace that renews every morning.
Our new {rental} home where husband and I can be together every day and not just on weekends, where we can sleep next to each other every night, and where our camping equipment is "stored" openly in the living room.
Sweet times with our families ~ you truly never know how valuable that time is until it's gone.
Rose flavored hot tea for these cold fall mornings {and afternoons... and evenings...}
The beautiful colors of fall & being able to view them directly outside my kitchen windows.
The tiny space heater that warms my feet while I study.


Here's to being thankful.
Won't you join me on this journey? What are you thankful for today?

xoxo

images can be found here
copyright Hiking in Stilettos


2 comments:

'Tia said...

LOVE IT!!!

www.fatandfierce.com

Claire Kiefer said...

Very sweet post. :) I am thankful for my health, my dear friends, California weather, red wine, good books, coffee, and my job (both that I don't have to worry about lacking basic needs, and that I get to do something that I enjoy & think is important).

xoxoxo!