Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 20

NOLA



Last week I spent five days in New Orleans for a professional conference. While most of my time was spent networking, researching and schmoozing, I did manage to sneak away and stroll through the French Quarter {the open air market was my favorite part}, eat a delicious brunch at Stanley and admire the plethora of local art in Jackson Square, savor hot cocoa and beignets at the original Cafe du Monde, enjoy a five-star dinner at the swanky Clancy's restaurant, and a witness late-night piano duel at Pat O'Briens.


My favorite part of the city was by far the food, {Bourbon Street was not my cup of tea} and I wish husband could have been there for every meal. Perhaps it was that I missed him or that I had professional commitments, but I must say, as fun as my trip turned out to be, I won't be hurrying back to NOLA any time soon. It's just too good being at home with those you love.

xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: