Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 6

Blue Hues


The weather has been so crazy here lately. One day it's sunny and 78 degrees and the next is windy with a high in the low 50s. It's downright confusing. Unpredictable weather and a five am wake up call? That's just asking too much for my tired, pharmacy-soaked brain. My solution? Layering, a scarf, and brightly colored pants to distract from my lack of inspiration. That and a bit of lipstick. It makes me feel like a grown up. {And because I like seeing the lipstick outline on my coffee cup.}

H&M blazer and faux fur stole, Ann Taylor blouse {love the spring version}, The Loft skinnies, Nine West pumps {similar here}, Anthropologie necklace, Maybeline Fifth Avenue Fuchsia lipstick

xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

2 comments:

FourJedis said...

Love the blues and yellow. Where is that cool wall you're in front of? Such a neat touch to your great pic.

AsianCajuns Lar said...

Gorgeous, Ashley! You are the best at colorful layering (I must stop buying black and take note!).

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my post about fashion/buying/shopping ethically. Isn't it so hard?! I'll be good for a month or two and then just fall off the wagon when I see something cute and cheap at Primark/F21. Especially being on a small budget, it's hard to just save and save for one really nice pair of expensive pants (and then nothing else for the next two months). Like you, I'm still very much in a muddle about how to move forward. For the time being I've stopped shopping at places that I know aren't ethical, and am trying to make lists of things I really want and where I can get them sourced. But that isn't nearly as gratifying as something cheap and immediate.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but it's so nice to hash it out with friends/fellow bloggerinas ;)

xoxox, Lar