Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 4

Paleo Favorites: Gremolata & Mushroom Stew


I made this gremolata and mushroom beef stew last week while I was feeling under the weather. It was hearty and comforting and paired wonderfully with a side of gluten-free wild rice. {Unfortunately, despite its tastiness, it didn't cure my cold.}


I followed this recipe from one of my favorite paleo sites, Health-Bent. I used a 2lb grass-fed roast, so I cut down on some of the measurements:
3 garlic cloves
3/4 of a small onion 
2 carrots, peeled & diced
1 celery stalk, diced
8 ounces of mushrooms, roughly sliced
1 cup organic vegetable stock
1 small can of organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
a little less than 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 small orange, sliced
2 small rosemary sprigs + more for garnish

I cooked the stew in the oven for about 1&1/2 hours, and it was slightly overdone, so I would recommend about an hour in the oven.

Happy {paleo} eating.
xoxo


No comments: