Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, June 4

Archipelago and OPI

My leisurely weekend in the Virginia Highlands (more about that later) began with a search for the perfect nail color. (Take note that lately I have been shopping for very specific things and only wanting that one find that will be worthy of what I have imagined... the shoes, the nail color, and a hat which I have yet to find. Hmm. Interesting.) So, back to the story...

My lovely friend Erin of Smock and Bustle and I headed over to the Ulta store on Howell Mill Road. I admit, I was a bit (well maybe more than a bit) skeptical of the Ulta experience, but Erin assured me that it was definitely worth it, and she was so very right! They carry just about every line of makeup, hair care, and skin care generally available at drug stores and salons without the hefty price tag. I found my old favorite skin care collection by Archipelago Botanicals that I used to only find at Anthropologie. It is made from soy milk so it really moisturizes the skin, and it smells divine!



I also picked up my new favorite nail color. It is called "Lincoln Park After Dark" by OPI. It is a deep plum that looks almost black from a distance, but it doesn't have the glitter/shimmer often found in darker nail colors.


I also found (but did not purchase) a few colors from OPI's new "Mod about Brights" line that really perked my interest... "Dating a Royal" and "The 'IT' Color" (top two in the line-up below) were among my favorites, but I really did like all of them.




While browsing the OPI website, I also found this, which I think is really incredible, and you should definitely check it out.

3 comments:

Danz said...

Man, I can't remember the last time I painted my nails. Those nail colours are very nice though. I don't think I've ever had yellow nail polish but maybe I'll give it a try sometime :)

J.M. Powell said...

i love the yellow. i'm so into brights right now; i've been looking for a matte turqoise and can't quite find one. :(

Ashley said...

I know, Danz, I haven't painted my nails in forever, but it has recently become my new favorite accessory!

Juliam, I will definitely keep a look out for a matte turquoise. I think that would be incredible.