Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 23

mad hatter's ball


this past friday evening husband and i joined my fellow pharmacy school ladies for a wonderful night of well-mannered, alice-inspired frivolities. a very merry unformal, if you will.


given the short notice of our attendance, i tried to throw together somewhat appropriate attire.
my original idea for a hairpiece included both feathers and playing cards, but it didn't work with the dress, so i just used the feathers. {my sweet friend kayleigh, however, had a most incredible display of cards and feathers in her hair. unfortunately, i did not get a picture of it...}


although we didn't get any pictures together, husband looked quite handsome in his shirt & tie, dashing even. unfortunately, when your husband is the photographer & you forget the tripod, it is quite difficult to get pictures of you as a couple.

the evening was full of delicious food and desserts, quite a bit of dancing, over-sized top hats, lovely red roses, and some really incredible friends. given our rather large stress level at school, it was quite wonderful to talk, drink, eat, and dance the night away ensemble...


i had an enormous amount of fun just dancing and being silly with husband. so much in fact, that my cheeks were hurting from all of the laughing we were doing {one of the reasons i married the man...} as i attempted to teach him some of the dances that i learned at sickle cell camp, and he good-naturedly tried to keep up.

i do hope that you had a very merry weekend as well.
xoxo


copyright Hiking in Stilettos

7 comments:

ashley said...

awww...fun! That dress is just fabulous. I love it! You looked great!

Jodi Kendall said...

the feather hairpiece is adorable! I am always attracted to those sorts of accessories, but they don't seem to mesh with my personal style. Glad you had a great time out!

AsianCajuns said...

Dreamy, dreamy! You look awesome, A! I love your outfit- and how it's not too Alice-y, but definitely whimsical! Glad you got a break from all your school stress!
xoxo,
Lar

McMel said...

i love the hairpiece!

Claire Kiefer said...

What a beautiful outfit! I love your dress, hair, hairpiece, the whole thing! Theme parties are so fun . . . sounds like a great time. :)

Elisa said...

You looked glamorous! Sounds like you had a fun evening. It reminds me of my Kappa Psi days.
I know what you mean about having a night off from school. As a formal pharmacy student, I still remember the long nights and tall orders of coffee to study for exams.
Glad you had fun!

Saludos,
A Mexican chica living in Europe

Unknown said...

you looked awesome sweetie and I love that you got a picture of the hair piece! I will take better ones of mine and post them up eventually. I heard about all the moves you were trying to teach Kev, im so sad I wasn't there to witness it...no clue where I was...but not there apparently!!!!

love you