Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, July 26

Happiness is...


buttons (and childhood memories).


When I was a little girl I used to play in my mother's sewing box while she mended the knees of jeans and restitched buttons on our coats. My favorite part of the box was the seemingly hundreds of tiny slots containing the buttons, all arranged by color and size. I would sit by the sewing machine and help sort the buttons when they got mixed up.



What is making you happy on this Monday?
xoxo


images via we heart it
copyright Hiking in Stilettos

8 comments:

FourJedis said...

All those beautiful buttons make me want to go wipe the dust off of my sewing table and pick back up on one of my favorite hobbies! Such pretty pictures.

Ann On and On... said...

I'm going be a copy cat and say the same thing... I just heart button.

stylebyrachael said...

How pretty! I love those pictures. I love when something so small can be such a big inspiration!

OneCraftyFox said...

This is one of my fav childhood memories too!! Admittedly, I still rummage through her button jar, lol.

Have a great week :)

Blair McLeod said...

this post makes me happy!! loving these buttons shots. I have so many memories of playing with my mom's and my grandmother's button collections!

Heather Taylor said...

I caught myself playing in the button box in the costume shop when I was in college. Couldn't resist!

heather said...

Awww, I love this post, all the buttons and the mom memories! Buttons are such a beautiful invention anyway, and collections of them have always fascinated me.

Hope you're having a lovely week!

Regnboge said...

Those photographs are amazing!

I remember the first time I was shopping in a big city without anyone in my family with me (I think I was in fourth grade). On my way out of a crafting store I spotted a fairly big bag of buttons in all shapes and colours, and I just grabbed one and had this huge smile plastered on my face as I went to pay for it^^