Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 10

Rosemary Mint Body Scrub



When I was in college I was obsessed with Aveda's rosemary mint hair products. I loved the faint tingle the shampoo gave my scalp and the sharp and sweet smell that lingered all day. Luckily for my college student budget, I had friends who worked in salons and Aveda shops who were able to feed my obsession keep me supplied with rosemary-mint goodness. Now that I'm older, I've graduated to using all natural tea tree products for my hair, but I still love the combination of rosemary and mint. So, this sweet combination seemed like the logical choice when I decided to make my own body scrub.

For some reason I haven't been overly particular about using all natural products when it comes to skin and hair care. I've always been one to read labels and try to purchase the best products, but despite being very conscious of what goes in my body, I haven't been equally as conscious about what goes on it. Well, no more. I've switched out my supposedly sulfate-free shampoo for one made from tea tree oil and plant extracts and have embarked upon making my own body scrubs. The process was simple and allowed me to control how much or how little fragrance went into the product. Also, the obvious plus is that there are four {count them, only four} ingredients here.

How-to:
approx. 1/2 cup coarse salt
approx. 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or olive or coconut)
lots of rosemary and mint leaves*, chopped

Fill a container of choice with salt and add just enough oil to wet the salt. Add in the chopped leaves and mix well. If your container is small, you may need to transfer the mixture to a bowl in order to thoroughly combine all the ingredients. If you want a stronger fragrance, add more leaves.  
*Note: you could also use a few drops of essential oils instead of actual herbs.


Next up, it's a sugar scrub with coconut oil and lavender.
xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

1 comment:

Lesley said...

i'm guilty of the same things, not using all natural body products... i too am a LOVER of rosemary mint. def wanna try this out. mmm, now i wanna take a bath!