Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, January 24

Sesame Almond-Flour Crackers



When I was in high school and college, my mom used to stay up late with me when I was writing a paper or studying for a test. She would sit with me until the wee hours of the morning, usually dozing off now and then, but always beside me. She would make us cups of hot cocoa and saltine crackers with cheese just barely melted on top. Perhaps because of this, cocoa and crackers has become like comfort food to me. So now and then, when I get a serious craving for saltine crackers, I turn to these little guys. 


To make...
3 cups almond meal {I used unblanched}
1 cup sesame seeds
1&1/2 teaspoonful sea salt
Stir together dry ingredients, then add
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil

Roll onto parchement paper until desired thickness {these will not rise at all upon baking}. Slice into squares with a knife and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350. Cool for 30 minutes before serving with almond butter, cashew hummus, chicken salad, or raw milk cheese or anything you desire.



I got the recipe from this cookbook, which I highly recommend. We also love the savory pie crust and use it for both chicken pot pie and breakfast-for-dinner quiche. 

xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: