Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 5

Sunny Cranberry* Trail Mix

*I originally set out to use cranberries and golden raisins as the fruit of choice for this trail mix, but unfortunately I didn't have any cranberries on hand. So, I improvised. 


When husband and I were in Colorado we munched on the most delicious trail mix that we found at Target. Unfortunately, the mix contained a laundry list of ingredients that are not only unnecessary, they're not very healthy. So, naturally, I decided to make my own. 

1 cup lightly salted almonds
3/4 cup each pepitas,  golden raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup melted coconut oil

Mix all ingredients together except coconut oil. Melt the coconut oil and pour over the fruit and nut mixture and combine well. Store in an airtight container.


Next time I will add more sunflower seeds and less almonds, but since I only had 1/2 cup of sunflowers, this was what I made. And not only was it healthier than the bagged stuff, it was sure tasty.

xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a great snack idea!