Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, November 4

Meal Planning: November 4th - 8th

1 / 2/ 3

Since our kitchen was a bit destroyed from having the painters over on Saturday, I opted for some simple recipes for the week, things that I could make simultaneously. Here's this week's menu of clean, paleo meals:

breakfast:
I made a frittata version of this breakfast lasagna - layer diced sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, wilted spinach (I omitted the mushrooms), cooked breakfast sausage (I used chicken) in a baking dish. Whisk together 12 eggs, spices and the coconut milk from the original recipe and pour into the baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the eggs are set. I reheat mine in the toaster oven in the mornings and pair with half an apple or a slice of this bread if I'm being less strict. You could also top with some avocado!

lunch:
Since I've had a cold since last Thursday, no-noodle chicken soup (recipe from 'It Starts with Food') sounded like a great alternative to my usual lunch salad. Carrots, celery and broccoli with chicken and salty, savory spices? Yes, please.

dinners:
Gremolata mushroom beef stew - this recipe is not only delicious, it is really easy to make in advance since most of the cooking is done in the oven. It's great for meal planning because you can put it in the oven and work on something else (like chicken soup) while it's cooking.

Paleo spaghetti with spaghetti squash noodles - no real recipe here, just your standard spaghetti, paelo-ified. I used grass-fed ground beef, garlic & onions, organic sugar-free tomato basil sauce from the local farmers market, and diced zucchini. Serve over spaghetti squash 'noodles' - simply cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out all the seeds. Bake face-down at 375 on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes. Remove and drizzle with some olive oil, then bake about 10 more minutes. Scoop out the 'noodles' with a fork! I store the spaghetti and the noodles separately until it's time to reheat. Then I reheat it together in a skillet with a touch of olive oil or ghee. (Also, this is a good version using meatballs.)

snacks:
I cheated a bit on this one and picked up some gluten-free, dairy-free chia seed muffins at the farmers market. Not strict paleo since there is some sugar in them, so judge if you must, but I'm okay with it this week. Having to remove everything from our kitchen cabinets + a serious head cold = no baking for me this week.

Paleo pumpkin granola - again not strict since it uses honey, but you can easily omit that if you wish. I've been having some trouble eating eggs on my early mornings when I eat breakfast at 6:30, so I've been allowing myself some grass-fed, organic Greek yogurt. This granola is perfect alone, with a splash of almond milk, or even atop some yogurt. 


Here's to a week of making up for all that Halloween candy clean eating!
xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: