Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, December 4

Thanksgiving Recap



Thanksgiving came twice for us this year. On Thursday we hosted husband's family at our house, which was a complete success! Our turkeys turned out perfectly {I will probably never use another recipe since this one is so good.}, the nephews had fun feeding the horses behind our property, the pumpkin pie was topped with homemade whipped cream, and everyone enjoyed catching up and making plans for the little one on the way. 


On Sunday, husband and I headed over to my parent's house to have Thanksgiving with my family. Spending time over there during the holidays is always so special. It just doesn't feel like the holiday season without the smell of mom's apple cinnamon candles and fresh greenery on the mantle. Her decorations fill every room, with no corner left bare. There are gently flickering lights on the mantles, vintage trees and twinkle lights in all the rooms. It's perfect, really.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were surrounded by those you love. I certainly was!
xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: