Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, January 25

Banana Not-so-Coffee Muffins

As I have mentioned before, one of my favorite pastimes is baking, and yesterday I decided to give the Banana Coffee Muffin recipe a try. Although the muffins turned out quite tasty, there was no trace of coffee flavor to be found. I was slightly disappointed since I brewed extra strong coffee and used a bit more than what the recipe suggested. Perhaps next time I will use espresso instead. Even still, they were a delicious addition to my morning cuppa joe.


The muffins did, however, provide an opportunity to utilize the lovely cake stand and serving tray that my sister gave me for Christmas. Merci ma soeur!



Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons strong coffee
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted or raw (I actually used walnuts and placed them on the top of the muffins instead.)



  • How to:

    Preheat oven to 350, and prepare muffin tin with grease or with paper liners. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped pecans. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.


    copyright Hiking in Stilettos

    2 comments:

    AsianCajuns said...

    Your sister has a great eye - I love that cake stand!

    Ashley said...

    Thanks, AC! I love the cake stand, too! The little bird is so cute.