Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, February 7

Conservative & Professional


Conservative & Professional

Sometimes I think that if I hear that phrase one more time, I just might lose my mind. Given my career choice, however, "conservative and professional" is much more than just a phrase. It's exactly what I have to be. I've mentioned before how it's often a struggle. I don't want to sacrifice who I am or my personal style, but I also can't afford don't want to be known as "the girl with the weird necklace" or "the one with the strange clothes."

Conservative & Professional

Much like one of my favorite bloggers, I tend to mix solid separates and typically avoid overly bold prints. I also keep my jewelry to a minimum, often settling for pearls or small chandelier earrings like these. And while this outfit isn't the most fashion-forward, it's {mostly} work appropriate. The only thing I changed was the shoes. Too eye-catching, but lovely none the less.

Conservative & Professional
Conservative & Professional
H&M blazer & skirt, UO camisole, Modcloth tights, MRKT wedges via DSW, vintage rings, Target earrings, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark polish

What do you other professionals wear to work?
xoxo


copyright Hiking in Stilettos

2 comments:

OneCraftyFox said...

You look amazing as always. This is such a fabulous polished but super girlie look. I love it!!

Heather Taylor said...

You look incredibly polished, poised, and lovely. I like to wear skirts, tights, nice ruffled blouses, and coats to work.