Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, June 6

Secret Garden



One of my favorite places to sit and read or share a cup of coffee and conversation is my parent's backyard. We spent countless hours outside as children, helping dad cut the grass and build walkways or helping mom plant window boxes and create beautiful flower beds. It is amazing to look back now and see the transformation of their back yard. {I even remember planting the cypress trees that now reach as high at the second story of the house!}

A love of gardening is definitely a trait I received from my mother. There is something so peaceful about a garden, being surrounded by all that greenery and life. And there is something very cathartic and fulfilling about seeing years of hard work turn into such a beautiful escape.


xoxo

copyright Hiking in Stilettos

No comments: